However, in this post, I would deviate from talking about more than one topic; I will talk about not just minimalism but also about my love of reading. I have always believed that whenever there is a question that bothers me or anything that I am curious about; someone else would have probably written about it. I mean in the grand scheme of things, my needs and worries are really infinitesimally small.
Now, when I started getting serious about this minimalism thing, which is around the time I turned forty last October 2014; I researched actively on books/e-books, blogs, videos and websites that could help me. In that research, I was introduced to this lovely, lovely community of people and/or kindred spirits who paved the way for me in this most significant journey of my life. These kindred spirits are writers and advocates for minimalism; for making life more meaningful and for making this world a slightly better place.
Some of those writers and/or advocates are :
1. Joshua Becker (becomingminimalist.com)
2. Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus (theminimalists.com)
3. Ashley Riordan (Essays on Minimalism)
4. Colin Wright (exilelifestyle.com)
5. Leo Babauta (zenhabits.net)
And lastly and my personal favorite, Nigel Marsh (nigelmarsh.com), author of these books which has the funniest titles and I think hits a little bit too close to home.They are :
1. Fat, Forty and Fired (which he has sent me a copy of , because I am unable to buy from the Kindle Store, so generous and sweet).
2. Overworked and Underlaid (hmmm...'nuff said...)
3. Fit, Fifty and Fired Up (which I bought in appreciation of his kind gesture of sending me a signed copy of the first book)
Through Mr. Nigel Marsh's work, I realized that this journey towards minimalism, work life balance and finding meaning in my life need not be too serious; that we don't need to be preachy and that being the funniest person in the room is oftentimes better than being the most famous, the richest, the most well dressed or the smartest.
For the next few posts, allow me to share with you Nigel's words of wisdom injected with his own brand of humor. His Ted Talk on Work Life Balance has earned 2.6 million views. You gotta love the guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment